Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Reupholstered chair

I've always loved big wing back chairs so when I found this little beauty by the roadside I had to snap it up. Luckily it was only down the road from my apartment, I had to cram it in the back of my little Renault Clio, most of it was hanging out the back.
It looked a bit beaten, it was raining when I grabbed it.

Stripping down the old fabric showed that the bones of the chair were in perfect condition. Even the foam was salvageable.

A few million staples removed and hands reduced to bloody stubs later and I have a blank canvas to work with.

Tried this fabric first. Loved how it looked but I didn't have enough...

New fabric, and finished! I LOVE it! One of these chairs in the shop would cost 200€+ and all I spent was 50€ on the fabric. I would have never found one this perfect in the shop.

It gets Victor's approval! He's found his new favourite seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment